Friday 2 November 2012

Investigating Target Audience

I have decided to do some further analysis of my primary research and investigate the results of my survey, specifically gender. When initially writing up my results I did not focus on the fact that a large percentage of my feedback was from females, therefore my target audience would be largely female based. 

This pie chart shows the percentage of males and females who answered 'Yes' to the question 'Are you interested in Pop-Rock music? (eg. Charlie Simpson, Maroon 5, The Script, John Mayer, Kelly Clarkson etc.)':


From the 88% females who answered 'Yes', I created another pie chart to show the different ages broken down for this gender. 


This shows that for my chosen genre of Pop-Rock, the majority of readers I've found will be female, specifically older teens. From this I can now base my future decisions about my music magazine on the fact that a large percentage of my readers will be female, but also keeping into consideration my male audience. 


No comments:

Post a Comment