Thursday 22 November 2012

Flat Plans


Above is a scan of my flat plan for my music magazine's front cover. This plan involves the idea of using a main image with a close up of a female looking directly into the camera to engage with the audience and draw them into the magazine. From initial research of other magazines, I am aware that it is only the most popular and famous brands that have the ability to cover most of the masthead as it still remains recognisable. Therefore, I am certain that no matter how much my plan changes from now, my masthead and tag line will definitely be placed in front of the main image. I have also decided to position the majority of my text including coverlines, the hook, and the secondary image, to the left of the main image so that it doesn't become too covered and lose its effect. However, I would still place the barcode and other smaller details to the bottom left so that it's less noticeable in front of the image. 


For the contents page I am still undecided about the image I would like to use, but I may experiment with a medium close up shot of the same person on the front cover, positioned to the left hand side of the page. This would then allow me to place boxes of text opposite highlighting important and popular articles that should stand out to the consumer. I have initially planned to put 3 smaller images at the top to advertise different features of the magazine, but I may also change this later on. 


Finally, as for the double page spread, I would quite like to take a further away shot so that it contrasts with the cover and shows another side to this featured artist. The text would then cover the remainder of the double page spread, however this will most likely be changed as I construct this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment